Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Menontin

Bonjour maman, Comment ça va? ça va bien chez moi. Wow, i can't believe that Casey is already in the MTC. How crazy is that? I was thinking that maybe i should send the letters i would write to him to you and then you could send them to him through dearelder. I remember not having much time to email at the mtc. Would that work? It sounds like your week was pretty crazy. I can't imagine trying to keep a missionary busy for 2 days. That would be pretty hard to do. That is great that casey can go to the temple. I would seriously give an arm and a leg to be able to go. He is pretty lucky. It sounds like the beaver races went well too. Grandpa told me that there were quite a few people there this year for the 24th. Yeah, i have to admit, i was kind of hoping that casey had written, but i'm sure his p-day is either today or tommorow. So hopefully we get a letter soon. Ok, my week has been pretty good. Yeah, I'm still in Menontin. They ended up creating the Branch of Cococodji already. They even found a new building which includes an area that they can do their baptisms. So I'm sure they are really excited. um, i know that we just got a new missionary. I guess he was a big football star back in the states, even signed with stanford, but i haven't got to talk with him. Elder Ringle told me that he seemed to be kind of in shock still. Elder Ringle is doing good too. We get along really well. He is pretty hilarous. Transfers were this last week. So, i think the next transfers will probably be in September. There is probably a good chance that i will be transfered in Sept because i will have already spent 6 months here in Menontin and 12 missionaires are going home and 18 are coming. It is going to be a pretty crazy month haah. Our amis are doing really well. We had our baptism on saturday which went well. That morning, we invite to a retirement party of a member of the church. He was the director of an Elementary school. He asked the church to come and do an hour long program. It was a great oppurtunity to give out some brouchures and book of mormons. It was pretty fun too because after our program the kids came out and danced for him. Afterward, I went with Elder Poll(the assistant), while my campanion went with Elder Owusu, to go pick up our baptismal candiates. The baptism went great. WE had a lot of people there to support our two candiates. But my camera ran out of battery, so another elder took our pictures and promised to send them to me. So it might be awhile before i can send those pictures. I did remember this week to send a picture of Renaud's baptism(which was like the 14.) Also, we have been having good sucess with one of our amis. He actually is our tailor but one day we felt inclined to fix an appointment with him. He accepted. We have been teaching him for a month or so. He is so awesome. He comes to church every week and even invites other people to come to church. He reads the book of mormon even though french is pretty hard for him. He is really amazing. Well, i hope you have a great week mom. I think that after i finish writing you, i'll write casey and send it to you. I love you more than pie, Elder Corey Kimzey
dad, Life is going great here in Africa, hows life back in the states? How was dropping casey off? I remember when you dropped me off that it was so quick. I'm sure he is doing great. I can't wait either to get his first letter. I'm sorry to hear about CJ's campanion. That would be super hard. yeah, your right it is kind of crazy the important of clothing in the scriptures. Like for instance when Potterfer's wife takes the clothes of joseph. There are a lot of instances that clothes are kind of important. I'd never thought of that before. That is cool that you got to learn about George Parkinson. Grandpa told me that John Parkinson came who is kind of an expert in Geneolgy. It sounds like that must of be awesome. I always really liked hearing stories about him. I really hope some day to meet him. Yeah, i think those quotes are great. I like the whole idea that repentance is a life-long process. That really we try everyday to become better. sometimes investigators struggle with that concept because they think that if they believe in christ they are automatically going to return to live with god. Bt i have seen a bunch of times when people start really repenting how much they can change thier lives. It reminds me of an ami who just got baptized. He told us straight up that he didn't respect all the commandments, but that he wanted to do what was right. It was amazing to see him change little by little. That why i like the verb for repentance in french "se repentir." It is a reflexive verb, so in essence to repents oneself. I think that is pretty cool. How has your week been? My week was pretty great. We had a bunch of activity and stuff to do. We also did a split with the assistants. It was pretty fun. I went and spent some time with Elder Owusu. he is from Ghana. We had a lot of fun and taught a bunch of lessons. Also this Thursday we have zone conference. It should be pretty exciting. My campanion and I are going to teach a lesson on Chapter 9 of preach my gospel. Also Thursday is the independence day of Benin. They have already start to party for it. So this week should be pretty great. Well, i love you a lot dad. I hope you have a great week. Elder Corey Kimzey

No comments:

Post a Comment