Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Week two-ish

Bonjour Ma Famille et Mes Amies, 
This week was a crazy but awesome week.  This week so many pretty amazing things happened.  First off, we got another pretend investigator.  His name is Lelyse.  It just our teacher acting as him, but it crazy how much I still want him to do what we commit him to do.  Also did I tell you that Ben, our old investigator,  was actually our new teacher.  His name is Frere Weed.  He is pretty hilarous.  
 Also on I think Sunday the branch president called Elder Pickard and I as Zone Leaders.  Holy cow,  I did not see that one coming.  So this week we have been trying to prep for the old zone leader to leave next Monday.  Also this week was pretty amazing because I really learned how to teach.  At the beginning everyone in the district was using notes, coming up with scripts, or using a dictionaire when we taught our investigators.  Then we had a subsitute on Wednesday who told us we should just follow the spirit and don't use any notes.  Wow, that was an amazing experience.  I can't believe how much better everyone taught- expecially me.  So everytime we role played this week I didn't use notes.  The difference is staggering.  So Monday was our first whole lesson without notes.  I could feel the difference in how the lesson went.  I mean not everything came out the way we wanted, but thats not whats important.  Whats important is teaching the people what they need.  I know that the gift of tongues are real because during that lesson I said things and my campainon said things that we had never practiced or even thought of saying.  It was an amazing experience.  Also the other day I had to teach one of the Branch Presidency in English.  I can't believe how wierd it is to teach in English now.  French seems almost eaiser in a way because I have such a limited knowledge of french words, I have to make sure and stick to the point.  The lesson still went okay though. 
 I am trying to do better answering some of your questions so here goes.
(I've added my questions in the original form)
 
Did you get to go to the temple? What did you think of the Provo temple?
Temple?  We get to go to the temple every tuesday.  It pretty cool experience to go with your district.  The provo temple is way pretty than all the pictures, but iI still like st george better.  Also they are really busy, but its really nice because its just across the street.  They have tons of rooms though,  they really are very efficent. 
 
 How is the French? Do you speak in only french? How about reading your scriptures?
French?  French is great.  I love it.  We get to practice all the time.  Also we its crazy how many words I have learned in just a few weeks.  Also we teach all the time which is my favorite part.  Although, we don't always speak in French.  Its something we could probably work on better, sometimes we forget.
Scriptures?  Another great thing about the MTC is that we get to study for hours.  Which at first was a little hard, but now is great.  This week we learned about how we should spend half our time studying just for our investigator.  I say a big difference in lessons when I did that.  We had Frere Stinagel come talk to us about how we can recieve revelation for our investigators, which is pretty amazing if you think about it.
 
Are you getting a chance to exercise? do you run?
Excerise?  I get about an hour a day.  I can run and I do sometimes.  More often though I play four square.  I know what your probably thinking, but four square here is a big deal.  Its pretty competive and really fun.
 
Are you taking pictures? Can you attach any on your email? (I'm going to send a suggestion list next time!)
Pictures?  Sorry about no pictures yet.  It hard because they only give us 30 minutes to email.  So hopefully I can either send my memory card home this week or just send you some printed pictures.
 
Dylan and Morgan want to know, if you don't give your talk in Sacrament meeting, can you just save it for the next week, or do you write a new one each week?
 
Sacarment meeting?  yep every week we get to write a 3-5 min talk in french on a subject.  For example our first week was faith in the atonement( la foi en L'expiation) and the second week was on repentance( le repentir).  It pretty nerve racking.  Every one feels some much better when there name isn't called.  The sacrament pray is given in french and all the prayers and hymns are also.  That is pretty diffrent also all of our prayers are in french personal, campanion, district.  It pretty great.
 
Any great experiences? Any scripture "aha!" moments?
Experiences?  Way everyday I feel like I have great experiences.  I feel like I get more spiritual experiences in just a few weeks here than in years elsewhere.  I guess it probably partly because we get so many oppurtiunities to do so. 
Here is a sentence for casey:  bonjour mon frère,  je a ecouté que tu cour très vite en le deux miler.  Je pense que c'est très chouette.  Bien, Mecerdi, je pense,  nous avons bible en francais.  Donc, Je pense ton bible peut-etre veinir.
 
 
Love, Elder Corey S Kimzey

No comments:

Post a Comment