Monday, August 20, 2012

almost 1/2 a year


B onjour ma famille et mes amis,
So this week was a pretty awesome week. Nicole got baptized this week. She really awesome. She always teaching me words in cabiet although, i'm not very good at it. Her baptism was really nice. I was worried it was going to rain because it had been raining all day, but the storm cleared up. It was really great also because a recent convert baptized her. He had only been a convert for maybe 1 or 2 months.
Also that same day we had an activity for all the district of Lome. We were supposed to go sweep the streets in the grande marche. I was a little worried that we wouldn't have very people. When I showed up, there was tons. It was really cool to see everyone with the helping hands vest on sweeping the streets. Itwas really fun too. I hope it will help more people to know about the church too. We didn't quite get to finish because it started raining cats and dogs.
So also this week we have a few more amis. One of them is named Abemvi(not sure on the spelling.) We were walking and she was going out to the market to sell chalk. She stopped us and asking us what we were doing. We explained we were missionaries and ask if we could visit with her latter. She said that would be great. When we actually had the rendez-vous with her, she told us she had no idea why she stopped us. She just felt like she should. Each lesson has been going really well. She seems to have the answers before we even ask the question. I really hope that she continues like this.
Also this week we had another awesome lesson with Paul. I taught with Elder Burkhart(he is from georgia.) The nextdoor neighboor of paul came over too. His name is Romatique(i think.) We had given them some book of mormons. Romatique told us that it that it was really intresting and then recounted the story of Lehi to us. It was quite awesome. I hope that the two can really progress together.
Also this week i have heard some people saw a photo of me playing soccer. It was a stake activity where we played some wards. They pretty much slaughtered us. I think we lost each match(3-0, 2-0, 3-0.) It was quite funny. We played in this really deep sand. They all seemed to have played with each other for a long time and we seemed to be stuck in the sand. It wa really fun none the less. I heard that the missionaries though have never one a match, so maybe that will be or goal next time.
I'm trying to send two photos. The first is with Frere Abolo, me, Elder Burkhart, Nicole, Prenam. The other is a huge group picture of some of the missionaries and the baptismal canidates. My campanion is standing right next to me.
Thanks for Everything Je vous aime,
Elder Corey Samuel Kimzey

No comments:

Post a Comment