Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Au Fon?


Corey's companion Elder Makubu
Bonjour ma famille,
Well week was really quite awesome.  We have a lot of new amis. The ward missionaries decided they we were going to do contacting in our secteur.  They found so many people for us.  I guess it really helps that they contact in ewe.  Then they said that they were going to work with us more so that we can fit in all these new amis.  So I think we are going to be really busy this next week.  But I guess there is no rest for the wicked. 
We have a new ami who is really awesome named Joseph.  He is congolesse, so my campanion sometimes talks to him in Lingala.  He is really awesome.  We gave him 2 brouchures and he read them all.  He even came to church the next sunday.  And at church he started answering the questions. He answered all the questions right.  Even things we had never taught him.  It was almost shocking how prepared he is by God.  I hope he keeps progressing like this.  The only hard thing is we teach him on a really busy street, so its kind of hard to teach, but i think he is really going to keep progressing well.
Also this week we had a intresting half ewe half french lesson.  My campanion speaks quite a bit, so it helps a lot.  We were teaching this lesson to a lady, who had recieved a priesthood blessing a few weeks ago.  She doesn't really speak french.  We would read our bible in french and then she would read hers in Ewe.  It actually worked out really well.  I think she totally understood us even though we didn't know ewe.  It kind of crazy how that works.
So yeah I have had a pretty nice week.  Also today we played in another "soccer tournament."  We actually tied one of our three matches, which is pretty good for the missionaries because we always lose. It was a really fun time.  We borrowed soccer jersey and we just happened to be my favorite team Tottenham!  I thought Casey would like to know that we did play an Arsenal team.  We lost 1-0 but the goal shouldn't of counted because the ref blew the whistle and then they scored. But ca va aller(that's how it goes).  I attached a funny photo of my campanion from the baptism.  I really am loving my mission.  It isn't always easy but i love quoi meme (what even)  ( that seems to fit better than an english word haha.)  I really love sharing the gospel and just seeing how it can change people, especially myself.  Thank you all for everything you do. 
Je vous aime beaucoup sorry for the silly title it means ca va in ewe,
Elder Corey Kimzey

No comments:

Post a Comment