Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teaching, Teaching, Teaching

 Bonsoir ma famille et mes amis,
OK this week was quite fun.  I celebrated my 6 months anniversary on my mission.  I didn't really do anything special but it was fun none the less.  Also this week we had 2 amis commit to be baptized.  The first one is named Pépé.  He has been taking the lessons for awhile but has never been ready to be baptized.  So I'm really excited for him.
Also we have another named Chantal.  We met her on the street one day. She had a lot of questions on why she needed to be baptized again especially why did it need to be by immersion.  She seemed to understand and agreed to a date, her family doesn't seem for it.  I hope they will come around though.
One of the coolest stories of this week is of an amie named Fryiza.  We often pass by her enyam stand.  She one day asked us who we are.  We explained that we were missionaries and so on and so forth.  We then later started talking about  her religious background.  She told us how she grew up in a non-christian religion, but never really felt part of it.  She even got married into that religion.  Then she started talking to Christian missionaries.  She said she knew that christian religions were for her.  She said that she knew her decision was right because she  started to feel the holy ghost as she prayed.  So she is really awesome.  We invited to her to this small activity the ward was having.  She accepted.  She came and started playing scrabble.  I played for a little bit, but french scrabble is a little harder for me. 
Also this Sunday we had tons of people come to church.  Some of us even had to go seat out in the hall.  Our branch is getting quite big, but they are about to split it and create a group at Adidgome. 
Another awesome ami we found this week is named Egenie.  We were actually looking for someone else when we met.  She seemed kind of skeptic at first, she didn't really want to talk to us. Then we gave her a brouchure and that seemed to peak her interest.  Then when we showed up for the first rendez-vous she told us she had read the whole brouchure.  She told us how she had been praying to find the truth on the earth.  She has been going to one church since her childhood, but she says it like they teach the same thing all the time and don't even use the Bible.  She has obviously been prepared by Heavenly Father.  She really seems to accept out message.  I hope she will just keep progressing.
So that was my week in a nutshell.  A lot of great lesson and a lot of great amis.  I'm hoping that are ami keeping progressing as well as they have.
Je vous aime beaucoup,
Elder Corey Kimzey
 from Kerry's letter-
Things are going well. I can't believe USU won. Hey aggies hey aggies hey!  That is so cool!

and part of mom's letter, I asked him if he had any advice for his cousin that is leaving for the MTC in a couple of weeks-
 I would tell him that the MTC is kind of hard at first because you usually have like 4 to 5 hours a day to study.  Also i will give him 2 pieces of advice that i received the first day.  First, that days in the mtc feel like weeks and weeks feel like days.  The first day seemed to last forever.  I remember after the first day I thought I'm not quite sure i could do this everyday for 2 years.  Second, I remember being in the MTC the first day and teaching an investigator with 20 other missionary.  You could just raise your hand and say something.  I couldn't really think of anything worth wild to say the whole time.  I remember walking back to my class room and my companion turning to me and saying Elder Kimzey we need to do be better because we are missionary.  So the most important thing is to take one day at a time.  Be patient and try to get better everyday.  I know that Logan going to be a good missionary.  He is really going to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment