Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Loving Life




Bonsoir ma famile;
Je vais bien.  I hope everyone is doing well too.  This week was really awesome.  The baptism of Pepe went so well. 
 It was really cool to see.  He has been investigating the church for a really long time, so it ws so great to see him baptized.  It was awesome after the baptism he asked me,"  I made the right choice huh?" (I think that is how you would say that in English.)  He gave me a big huge afterward.  His sister told me she had been praying for him to be baptized.
Also this week we did a split with the Zone Leaders.  I got to work with Elder Haycock(the son of Dad's high school friend) over in the secteur of Tokoin.  It was pretty fun to work over.  Also our secteur changed this week.  So we lost like half of our secteur.  So it should be fun this next week to find a bunch of new amis.
Also we have been teaching Chantal a lot.  She has come to church a few times and plans on being baptized the 6th of Oct.  We have had some really great lessons with us.  She even had her sister start taking the lessons too.  The two are kind of reserved but maybe are the nicest people in the world.  She made us some Enyam Pate on Sunday.  It was crazy good.  I love that people over here are always offering us to come over and eat.  It really hard sometimes because if someone is preparing food they expect you to eat with them.  People are just so nice.  Also they expect you to finish it too even if you are stuffed.  It is so awesome.


So yeah that was kind of what happened this week.  It was really great.  I have attached a few photos.  One is of Pepe and I; the whole baptismal group; then there is one with me and a few of the kids in my branch; the other is of me, sidonie(a recent convert) and a few kids in the branch; one is of pepe, melanie, and i; the other one i can't remember. (sorry- I didn't get the last few photos  )
Well i hope everyone is having a great week. Je sais que l'eglise est vrai. 
Je vous aime beacoup,
Elder Corey Kimzey


Bonsoir mama,
Je vais tres bien, comment vas-tu? (I am really well, how are you doing?)  I have been eating well like always but I think i'm starting to get back to normal...   Go sundevils!  That is so great they beat Utah- Yeah Brigham City is just 30 minutes away if you take the canyon.  I really hope I can go to it a few times before i get back... (I asked Corey about the national election there- they were having riots in the streets a few weeks back)  I'm not sure what elections you are talking about?  Was there elections in Togo?  If there was i didn't know?  We don't do a ton for P-days.  We play soccer or go to the beach. Supposely there is a cool slave memorial down on the beach but i haven't gone yet.  Also there is supposly a huge  market with Elephant heads and everything.  I'm not really sure what tourists do here.  I would like to go see some villages.  Supposly there is a village on a lake in Benin that the missionary go and see all the time.  I really love my ward right now.  They have been helping one of our amis named Justine a lot.  The church is going quite well.  We have a few problems like all areas but ca va aller.(that's how it goes)  The new building is going to be finished soon.  I hope to be here when it is. Maybe an apostle or a seventy will come and dedicate it.  The next transfer is probably in the next few weeks.  I hope i get to stay here in Togo.  I really love it.   Although it would be fun to see what Benin was like too.  The transfers in between benin and togo really depends some missionary will spend 14 months in one country before getting switched to the other.  But usually every other transfer someone comes from benin to here.  My amis are doing awesome.  We lost a few of them because of the changing of the secteur(because a new branch is opening in adidogome)  So this week i hope we can go find so more investigators who will progress.  I really have been working on taking more pictures.  I took a ton the other day at church.  I love you mom.  I hope everything is going well at home.  I heard that dad might have to get more of his tongue cut out.  I make sure to keep him in my prayers.  Also how is chels' wedding going?  I hope that it walks(as we say in french.) 
 Je t'aime plus que glaces, fan ice(the ice cream here), benyahs, eclaires, et tartes,
(I love you more that ice cream, benyahs,eclairs and pastries......)
 Elder Corey Kimzey


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Corey is doing great! I love reading his blog and seeing the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete