Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Menotin

Bonjour tout le monde,
Comment allez-vous?  I'm doing pretty good.  I got to my new secteur on Tuesday.  So there wasn't a tons of time to say good bye and to pack but i managed.  This week was pretty intresting too because we were working in a trio because Elder Perkins was still here.  He left Saturday night.  It was prety cool though because we had 2 baptism that saturday.  So he got to perform a baptism on his last day.  How great is that?  
Also i got to bare my testimony at church.  We met in this big warehouse that the church rents. So it pretty cool to see all the people we can put in the building.  I have to admit, it is one of the bigger branches here.  The members are really nice and so it should be fun to work with them.  
The baptism was really great too.  There was 15 or so people there to be baptized.  It was pretty amazing to see all the baptism canidates in white with the District President.  The part i really like was that there were quite a few people getting baptized who already had familly in the church.  So it was great to see that the whole family are baptized now.
Well, that was kind of my week.  It wasn't very exciting.  I'm sorry.  I hope that i will have more to write next week.  
Je vous aime tous,
Elder Corey Kimzey

Bonjour maman,
Comment vas-tu?  ça va bien chez-moi. (how are you?  It's good at my house) Wow, that is awesome that Reann is going on a mission.  Russia is definetly going to be a cold one though.  We are going to have so many missionaries out from our ward.  
I can't believe casey barely missed the time for the 3200 and the 1600.  The good thing is that it is early in the season.  So he has tons of time to qualify still.  I bet he will get it next race.
1.  Are you still teaching English?  Have you learned anything haha?
No, in this branch we don't have an english class.  I think we are going to start one soon though.  The problem is that i am now in an appartment with all french speakers, so i'm never going to speak english.  Which is okay with me because i feel wierd when i speak english now.
2.  What are your assignments as zone leader?
 Well, we are incharge of the whole zone.  We have like 16 Elders.  We are incharge of the statistic and also when we have zone conferences or zone meetings.
3.  Who is you new companion?  Is he also a zone leader?  How is it going with him?
My new campanion is named Elder Mundu.  He is also a zone leader.  He only has 5 months on his mission.  So he is almost finished.  He is a pretty nice and relaxed guy.  He is from the congo too.  
4.  Who else is in your new apartment?
Also in my appartment there are two elders who come from madagascar.  So i'm learning a little malgasy also.  Their names are(sorry ahead of time because i know i'm going to slaughter their names) Elder Raveljonana and ELder Rakotansania.  They are kind of a mouth full.  
5.  What was your best teaching moment this week?
I think that the best teaching moment was probably when we helped one of our amis who has been having problems at work.  She has been looking for a job.  I guess she found one so she was really exctied.
6.  sis Water's stopped me in the hall today at church to say that the semken's are from their ward up north, so when You see them you are suppose to say hi from them.
I will definetly tell the semekens that the next time i see them;
(I told Elder Kimzey that he needs to stop saying that he is fat-but that he looks healthy-but that he's lost about 20 lbs.)Thanks mom, i try.  I think it is the food of africa that makes me look so good. haha.  Everyone tells me that Pate makes you strong.  

Bon, je t'aime beaucoup maman.  yes that is the way that we spell mère.  
I love you more than pie,
Elder Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment