Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Splitting Zones and a New Companion




Bonjour maman,
Comment tu vas?  Moi, je vais bien. (I told corey that I've been brushing up on some french and told him that I learned how to say "what time is it?" and 90- which in french is 4 twenties and ten) Bon, maintenant  il est 16h48. (it is 4:48 pm)  Yeah, the whole quatre-vingt dix-neuf thing is pretty rough.  But if you want to talk like the conglesse or beligans you can say nonante-neuf.  haha.  
Wow, youth conference sounded like it was kind of intresting but isn't it always.  It sounds like the talks were really great and the devotionals.
Wow, 2 and a half hours of testimonies. That had to be great.  We did one and we were limited to 45 seconds, which was nice because people kept it short and sweet.
My week was pretty good.  We found out that Elder Mundu is getting transfered.  He is opening up a new zone(calive.)  I will be staying here and training a new chef de zone named Elder Gomun.  He is from Côte d'ivoire.  I think he has been on his mission for 8 or 9 months.  I don't know him that well but it should be great.  I'm definetly going to miss Elder Mundu but at least he will still be in Benin so we will see each other every once in a while.  
Also today, we had an activity as a mission.  So all the missionary of Benin came together at this really nice hotel.  The hotel had tennis courts, a par three golf course, and a soccer field.  I was sad that i didn't have my tennis raquet haha but i played soccer instead.  It was a great time.  Afterward we eat some real african cusine: hamburgers and french fries.   It was really fun and it was nice to hang out as missionaries.
Well, we had a few great lessons this week but one really stood out to me.  Well, for a little background we have been reading with one of our recent converts the book of mormon.  She was baptized only a few weeks ago, so we thought it would be good to read a chapter or two with her every visit.  At first, it was a little rough because there are a lot of new names like néphi and lèhi.  But after a while she really started to like it.  She would read a chapter and explain to us all the things she had learned.  It was great.  So last saturday we went to visit her again and this time one of her friends was there.  We gave him a copy of the book of mormon without explaining it because  we had already started the chapter.  As we go along usually we stop frequently and talk about what we learned.  As we stopped, my recent convert started to explain to her friend the things she had learned.  I have to admit i was way proud of her.  Then he had some questions at the end, and she answered most of them in Fon.  He seemed really intrested and set up another appointment with us.  I thought it was pretty amazing that she has read much of the book of mormon but she knows that it is true.  It has been crazy to see her change.  Before she didn't like to read,explain, testify, or even to pray and now she testifying about the book of mormon.  It was good to know that we helped make a difference in the life of this lady.  
Well, there isn't much going on here.  My new campanion is coming on thursday.  My zone is getting split too.  So know i will have 12 missionaries in our zone.  Also they have decided to change one of the elders apartment in our zone to a sister apartment.  So now we will have 8 elders and 4 sisters.  Also most of the sisters will be new.  It should be a pretty great zone.  
Also my campanion just told me that you have jury duty. Like we say in French, bonne chance. haha.  I cant believe casey is turning 18 and is getting the priesthood of Melchizedek.  That is amazing.  I wish i could be there to see it and go through the temple with him, but i guess after the mission we will have plenty of time to go through the temple together.  Well, I love you more than pie.  I definetly make my push now considering we all know that the 6th lap makes or breaks a race. (Corey always said that in track, the 6th lap was the most important- I told him he was coming up on his mission's sixth lap)
 Mére, je t'aime,
Elder Corey Kimzey


hey dad,
I think the coolest elder in africa is doing pretty good. haha  Yeah, i'm doing great.  Hows the  best dad doing?  I heard that youth conference was great from many people.  It sounds like there was a lot of good activities and good devitonals.  How did your talk go?  What did you talk on?  
That is crazy that the youth lined up three rows deep.  I remember when we did a meeting similar when i was a youth we may of filled up one possibly two.  I think that is maybe because of all the great youth activities they are doing know like "come follow me"(that what it is called in english right?)  I'm sure they will be better missionaries because of it.  Wow, i can't believe how time flies: casey recieving the priesthood of Melchizedek and going through the temple.  That is so great.  I can't believe that Shane is leaving already.  I'm sure he will love Ghana and the Ghana Mtc.  I heard the Ghana MTC president is really great and that they are often visited by the area presidency.  Also I heard the Ghana Temple is gorgegous.  So that is a plus too.  He will have to say hi to all the missionaries coming here.  I'm sure he'll love it.  
Thanks for the quotes on the temple. Sometimes i use them in lessons.  They help a lot.  I personally like the second one a lot.  I miss the temple.  It is definetly something that i would like to do within two or three days of being back. 
Wow, i can't believe that Serena won the French open.  I think she has only done that one other time(when she did her serena slam.)  That crazy that Nadal won again.  He seems to be unstoppable on clay.  

I can't believe Pres Bangerter got engaged after 2 dates.  But i guess when you find the right person why wait.  When president dickson was here he told us that him and his wife got married 35 days after his mission.  He said that they hadn't even played on getting married.  I thought that was crazy.  Just think if i got married 35 days after i got home. haha. ok we all know that that isn't going to happen.  Well, i love you dad and i pray for you too. Also i tried to upload a picture of my last baptism.  I hope it goes through.
Elder Corey Kimzey

No comments:

Post a Comment