Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Another week in Benin

Bonsoir Maman
(ou bien bonjour, je ne suis pas sur.)(Good evening, or good day, not sure which one) Comment vas-tu? Thanks for the picture. The new pergola looks great. It must have taken a lot of work. Also the pavers look great too. I'm glad that you used the sand this time. I remember how hard it was last time pounding the pavers and digging to pack it fit just right...
 When are you leaving for the lake anyways? Wow, i can't believe casey has already gone through the temple. It is wierd to think that 2 years ago none of us kids were endowed and now 3 of 4 are endowed. I have to make sure and tell him congratulations.
 31 days? (until Corey's brother reports to the MTC and can't wait) Wow, that is great. Yeah, i remember how hard that is right before the mission. I remember one thing that helped me was to go to the temple. Remember the time that we went to do Intiantories together and i went through twice in the time you went through once. haha. So maybe if you invite to go to the temple with him that would help.
 Congrats, on the good lesson. I have had a lot of oppurtunities to give blessings. I'm really fortunate. I remember that we gave a blessing to a recent convert in Fidjrossé. He had been sick for a week or so and then after the blessing he was doing great. That was a pretty amazing, i thought.
 I didn't get to see the meeting. I did see the overview though. I can't believe that Missionaries are going to start using facebook. I don't think our mission will but that should be intresting to see if casey's mission will. This week has been pretty good. We have been spending a lot of time visting the members. One member family, the lokkossous, made us black pâte. It is pâte made from enyams that have been dried and then crushed into powder. It was really good. They are a great family and they help us out a lot.
 Also, on saturday we were having kind of a rough day, all of our rendez-vous were falling through and we ended up visting mostly members. But as we were visiting members, people kept stopping us on the street. It seemed like everyone was stopping us on the street that day. It was definetly a tender mercy because we invited almost all of those people to church and a bunch of them ended up coming to church the next day. So it just goes to prove that sometimes we have something planned that doesn't work out but God always will help us find people, or he will help the people to find us. haha.
 Well, i hope you are doing great.  I love you more than pie. Keep up the great work on the yard.
 Je t'aime,
 Elder Corey Kimzey

 Hey Dad,
How are things going? I'm doing great. My new campanion is doing great too. He really likes working and has a bunch of great ideas. I read about the worldwide leadership meeting. I like what Elder Perry said that many people use social media, so the church also is going to start using more social media.  Yeah, i think youre right that my mission won't change much but maybe casey's will. Yeah, the time in between the mission call and the mtc is really hard. It just hard to wait. Wow, i can't believe all the people who are putting in their papers. How many missionary do we have out now from our ward? and how many soon will be out?(16 is the answer) It is crazy to think how many have just recently left. I remember when we had only 3 or 4 missionaries in our ward. It is crazy how fast the work has grown.
 That is an amazing story that Pres. Buchanan told you. Can you imagine how excited that missionary was? It is crazy to think all the little and large miracles that God does every day. Wow, that is neat that you called Brother Hadlock to speak. I really like him. He is a nice guy and a great leader. Please say hi to him for me. I find it amazing all the little things that Heaven Father does for us. For a kind of chessy example, the other day i was hungary and was craving pâte, i don't know why but i just was. We didn't have any mangez-vous planned but one of the member suprized us by making pâte for us. haha. It was great. Or the other day, i was trying to figure out what i should teach in my zone meeting, but as i read about Captain Moroni, i realized i need to talk about those chapters in the book of mormon and how we have to prepare ourselves as missionaries. I love you dad, And hope you have a great week.
 Also make sure and watch the tour for me,
Elder Corey Kimzey

No comments:

Post a Comment