Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week Something or Other???

Cher Ma Famille,
Bonjour, comment ca va?  This week has been a pretty awesome week I have to admit.  First things first I haven't got my travel plans yet, but elders in our zone who are going to the Congo have got theirs.  So I'm hoping any day now.  It seems so crazy that I'm leaving the MTC soon.  I love it here.  Time though is a weird things at the MTC.  It seems like I've been here my whole life, but just got here yesterday.  Its such a crazy awesome thing.  I am excited though to go to Benin.  It so close.  I'm trying to utilize though every minute at the MTC because i know it will help me a lot when I get there.  Also this week, there was a bunch of new French-speaking Elders and Sisters who came into the MTC.  They are pretty funny.  Lets see also last week, i had a great experience at the temple.  I went and did some sealings for some of my ancestors.  The sealer said something that really struck me.  That i have received many blessing that I probably have never noticed because my parents were sealed together in the temple and I was born in the covenant.  I had never thought about that, but I know it is true.  Thank you, mom and dad,  for being sealed in the temple.  Lets see also this week,  the field opened for outside gym.  So I get to play tons of soccer and kickball.  It great to get outside.  Also I have had a bunch of experiences this week about how important a mission is to us and the lord.  I know that this is the right thing for me right now.  I'm so thankful for everyone who has helped me come this far.  I know that a mission is the best thing on the face of the earth.  I'm so excited to serve the people of Benin and Togo.  Also it been awesome we have been practicing contacting.  We played this awesome game that i think would be awesome for a family home evening or mutual. You order all of the main points of the first 4 lessons like #7 is god is our loving heavenly father etc. One person pretends to be an investigator,  while the other one is the missionary.  The missionary picks a number.  He then has 1 minute to try to contact someone using the principle that correspondes with the number.  Its pretty hard but pretty fun also.  This week also i saw a huge difference in my teaching.  I know that is because our companionship has made a big emphasis on teaching to our investigators needs.  I know that the  gospel applies to everyone, so we just need to help them understand it applies to them
Questions:
How is the French coming along?:  Bien,  my french is going really well.  I have learned so much.  I love all the times we get to practice, it pretty great.  We speak in french often. 
Are you getting Trunky?:  I never knew this term until I came to the MTC, but people use it all the time.  I'm not really trunky, but mostly because I know I have a lot to learn here.  But I'm excited too.
 I'm so excited that carli did so well in here soccer game.  I can't wait to see the pictures.  Also tell her i have another game for her during missionary week.  Its called QST or something like that.  The game is role play teaching someone, with a companion.  But as you teach you have to start with a question then a statement then testify.  Like this: Companion 1: would ask one question, then companion 2 would say one statement, then companion 1 would say one statement as a testimony.  Now this is the hard part companion 2 then must ask a question etc.  Its pretty hard to do a whole lesson that way but it great practice for being a missionary.
 Also it was great to hear Casey is running so well.  I know that track can be really frustrating, but I know that he can do it and will.
Casey:  Je te remerci pour votre lettre.  Je sais que tu peux plus courir que STAte Qualifing.  Je sais parfois trac est difficle mais je sais que tu seras un mieux coureur parce que de trac.  Bon Chance.
 (Thank you for your letter. I know that you can run that State Qualifing. I know sometimes track is difficult but I know that you will be a better runner because of track. Good luck.)
Je vous aime,
Elder Corey Samuel Kimzey

No comments:

Post a Comment