Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tranfered- Off to Benin!


District basketball- thanks to Elder Layton!
 Bonsoir Ma Famille,
Comment vas-tout le monde?  So I'm being transferred to Benin.  I going to the branche of Fidrosse and I'm going to be working with Elder Indayi(he is from the Congo.)  I'm really excited to go to Benin, but it is wierd to think that I'm leaving Togo behind.  I really love Togo, the people are so great here.  Although, I'm excited to work with the people of Benin.  I heard that they are great.  I also heard that my new companion is a great missionary too.  So yeah, I'm really excited.  Also i guess that means you will have to change my clock because Benin is an hour ahead.  I guess that means i am going to experience Daylight saving times in a way. 
Okay, this week has been a lot of fun and a lot of success.  Many of our amis are really progressing now.  I had a really miraculous experience the other day.  We were just walking down the road to the next appointment when we decided to stop and talk to this lady who owned a small boutique.  I thought we were probably just leave her a brouchure because we were kind of in a hurry.  As we started to talk to her, i realized we really need to talk the time and have a lesson with her right then.  We had just a small lesson about the restoration.  She seemed very touched by the message and seemed really interested.  So i learned a very important lesson that we never know who God wants us to talk but we just need to be open to the Spirit and willing to talk to everyone.
Also this week we have been teaching an ami who used to work on sunday.  We explained to him the importance of the Sabbath Day.  I thought that maybe this would torque him.  It didn't really.  He asked a few questions and we gave him a few scriptures to read, and he accepted it.  I realized the simple truth that we don't need to be afraid to ask people to respect the commandments because we know they bring blessings and that God will help us keep them also.  Also that he was obviously prepared before we ever arrived.
So this week has been a great week.  I also went and played Basketball today.  We played for 3 hours.  It was a lot of fun and it was good to see all of the other missionaries before i go to Benin.
Well, I love you all and hope all is well.  Next week, I'll be writing you from Benin.  That's pretty exciting.
  Je vous aime beaucoup meme,
 Elder Corey Kimzey

Sections of Mom letter...
Bonsoir maman,
Comment ca va?  The big continent is going well like usual. 
The xc banquet sounded way great...  That is great that casey logged the most miles.  I was awful at that.  I'm glad that Casey didn't follow in my footsteps haha.   That is really great that Trev made the Hall of Fame.  He really deserves that...  How is Trev doing? 
That is great that you carpet came in early.  Are they already installed?  I don't remember drawing on Carli's floor but that is super funny. 
I'm gald that you had fun in Thanksgiving.  It always is a fun time. 
Answers of the Week(the daily double haha):
Did you get transfered this week?
Yes i did get transferred.  A lot of people got transferred.  We have a bunch of new missionaries coming in so that changed a lot of things.  There were 7 missionary who came last month(5 from Ghana Mtc and 2 from Provo.)  Then we have 4 missionaries from Ghana Mtc coming on Tuesday and 5 missionaries coming from Provo MTC in the first week of December.  So it kind of exciting. 
Did you do anything for Thanksgiving?
Yes i did celebrate Thanksgiving.  Elder Burkhart and I went and ate at a restuarant it was fun.
What is the weather like this time of year?  Is it still dry? 
Yes it still is dry season.  It is really hot.  I think it starts to change around Febuary but i'm not sure. 
Do you have any new missionaries?Yes and we are supposed to be getting a ton more with the new age change.
Thanks mom.  I'll make sure and have a great week.  It should be tons of fun going to Benin.  I have kind of forgotten what it look likes.  It should be exciting.
 I love you more than pie,
Elder Corey Kimzey




No comments:

Post a Comment