Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bonne Nouvelle Annee!

Bonsoir et Bonne Nouvelle Année,
Comment allez-vous?  So this was really great.  I learned a lot this
week and learned to appreciate things i have never really even thought
about before.  So here in Benin, and i guess for most of Africa, New
Years is actually bigger than Christmas. People seemed to celebrate
the New Year for days and some even for the whole month of January. I
thought that was kind of wierd because obviously in America it is the
contaire.  Then Sunday someone explained to me why it was that way.
It is because people here celebrate because they are so thankful to
see 2013.  It doesn't matter if 2012 was not as good as they hoped,
they are still thankful to God that he protected them through out
2012.  I was thinking about how much we forget about that.  When the
New Year comes around we are always hopefull for the up coming year
and thankful for all the things we recieved.  But are we ever just
thankful to that we lived through the past year.  It definetly made me
stop and think.  I realized all the blessings God has given me and
especially the gift of seeing 2013.
Then that same sunday, we had one of the best testimony meetings that
i have ever heard.  Almost all of the members who spoke were actually
recent converts.  They all bore testimony of how the gospel changed
their lives.  One shared a story about how before he accepted the
Gospel he didn't have a home.  He slept on the side of the road.  He
then started to accept the gospel in his life and now he has a job,
and is about to buy a home for the very first time.  Then another
testified of how before the missionary cames he had given up on
churches.  But he didn't know how to thank God for everything he had
recived.  He showed up at the Church to find a member there.  The
member then introduced to the missionary.  Because of the lessons, he
was able to stop smoking and really put his faith in God.  Another
recent convert talked about how every night see prayed to God to have
a good husband.  One day she had a dream about a man that she didn't
know.  Latter on she met the missionary and joined the church.  She
then found the man in her dreams at church.  It was a great meeting.
It really made me realize how important the gospel is to this recent
converts and how it really has changed their lives.  Also it made me
realize how much it has changed my life.  I love you all.  I wish you
a Bonne Nouvelle Année.  I'm so thankful for each one of you.  I love
you more than pie, Elder Corey Kimzey
note from kim- President Weed asked the missionaries to not spend as much time at the  internet cafe, so it's corey right? yeah... so I'm now receiving one paragraph letters...hard to fault really obedient kids...
 Bonjour maman,
Commet vas-tu?  I don't have a ton of time so I will try to answer some of your questions.  I have heard that the mission might be spliting.  It seems like it is going to happen.  I know they were looking for a mission home and office in Togo.  I know they were hoping to have the mission split by July.  I don't know where i will be yet;  It is kind of a hard one too because both place are so amazing.  Also i know with the mission spliting they are hoping to open up new cities like Porto Novo.  It is defiently an exciting time to be here.  I hope all is well.  Have a great time at DisneyWorld.
 I love you more than pie,
Elder Corey Kimzey

No comments:

Post a Comment