Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Got my package!

Maman, 
Bonsoir Coment tu vas?
 I don't care if you call me Elder Corey. It totally works for me. My week was really good. Zone Leader stuff is going ok. I have to admit sometimes it kind of different but good. My favorite part is that we get to go on exchanges with other missionaries. So we have a lot of chance to teach with other missionaries. Good luck with missionary week. I have to admit that sometimes i feel a little disconnected because we don't have a chance to know what is going on in the world. For example, i had no idea that there was a terroist attack in Boston until someone told me the other day. But it is nice because we don't have to worry, we just get to be missionaries. The hardest missionary rule for me is we aren't ....(power outage...answered in dad's letter)
(I told him that I was reading about Nephi and Lehi teaching the lamanites and a pillar of fire surrounds them)Yes, The same thing happens to me, like nephi and lehi, if someone doesn't accept a pillar of light comes down. haha. ok not really. But it is true that sometimes people will have miracles happen in their lives or they will have a grand change of heart. That is fun that you are going to Vegas. Sometimes people ask me about Vegas, it blews their mind that people can get married their in 30 minutes or even through a drive through. I think it is because marriages are a really big deal here and they take a long time to plan usually. I can't believe that Casey will be an Elder on his birthday. At least he has some time to buy somethings and you can always send him things in the MTC. That has got to be hard for shane considering he has to leave just a few weeks after school. I heard the Ghana MTC is actually pretty cool. He'll have to say hi to all the missionaries who are coming to Benin for me. So for things that happened this week... Well, first off today i had an awesome suprise. The other Elders in my appartment come back from the Bureau and they brought me the package that you sent me!!! How exciting is that!? So my campanion and i had fun listening to some of the recordings. My campanion, also told me, that he could understand the accent of Dad the most. It was really nice to hear all of your voices. Also we got your testimony stickers. My campanion told me that he really liked them and that he might send you an email.(see below)  So if you get an email that is in french from an Guelord Mundu don't be suprized. Thank you so much for the package. Your testimonys were great. Also i like the recorder. I think it is going to be useful. Also we had fun snacking on Oreos and granola bars. I forgot how sweet things are in the US. Thank you again. Also we had another transfers this week. Thank heavens i wasn't transferred this time nor my campanion. But one of the malgasy elders in my apartment was, which is too bad because i really like him. He told me a lot of their langague. But i guess they are putting a brand new american in my apartment. His name is Elder Oliverson. At least i think he is american. So that should be pretty intresting and fun. Also this week we have been working a lot with one ami who has know the missionaries for 4 years but she has never been baptized. Then one day, we showed up and she told us that she wanted to be baptized the 11th of May. It was definetly a shock. But a good reminder that we never now when someone will be ready to accept the gospel. Sometimes it takes some people longer than others. Also her brother decided to be baptized the same day. Which means that their whole family will then be members of the church. 
Ok Well, i love you more the key lime pie,
 Elder Corey Kimzey




Hey dad,
Africa is doing pretty good.  That is really cool that you are doing missionary week again.  I like the idea that they actually are going to invite people to do things that will help them.  That is always important to search for the right comitment.  
That is crazy that we have 3 missionaries from our ward in the mtc.  I bet that she will only stay there for 2 weeks.  
Yeah mom told me that you were thinking of going to vegas.  That should be pretty fun.  
(talking about when Kerry was a missionary and they dedicated the chile temple)  I can't believe that you had missionaries coming from 5 different missions.  Also i can't believe that you had to do the Eisels for the open house.  That had to be a lot of work.  I bet though that it was pretty exciting.  I have to admit that if they did ever build a temple here, i would love to come back and see its open house.  Although, they are going to build the first french african temple in the Congo.  My campanion is pretty stoked about that.  

I hear from grandpa also that carli is getting pretty good at pickleball.  We will have to play when i get back.  Although, i'm nervous carli might dominate me.  
Thanks for the scripture in Haggai.  I don't think i have read that one yet.  
It is good to hear that  Dyllen is doing well.  He wrote me the other day and he seemed to be doing better.  I have only met one person from Angola but didn't really get to talk to him. I have to admit, i think Beninois people are in general pretty nice and don't drink too much.  I love you too dad.  Also i got my package today with the audio recorder.  I think it is pretty neat.  I think that it will be really useful.  I was wondering if there was a cord to connect it to the computer that came with it.  Maybe it is in the box and i just didn't see it.  I'll have to check when i go back to my house. My campanion and i had fun listening to all the things you put on it.  He told me that your accent is way eaiser to understand than mine.  Also thanks for the stickers.  I think they will be nice to put in our book of mormons.  Did Skyler translate the testimonies for you?  My campanion told me he really liked all of your testimonies.  He even asked me for you email, so he might send you an email.  His name is Elder Guelord Mundu, so don't be suprized if you get a random email from him.  I love you a lot dad, Thanks for everything
Corey Kimzey


Ok, I probably just didn't see it.  I'll see if i can find a cord that could work for it.  I'm sure it wouldn't be very hard to find.  ohh yeah sorry, the computer randomly shut down and i forgot to finish my thought. (what is the hardest rule for you) Hmm, that is a hard one.  I have to admit the rules like we are suppose to reject food that we aren't sure about.  But it is kind of hard because the members love inviting us to eat and it is a huge cutural faux-pas to reject water or food. So usually i just use good judgement and say a prayer in my heart that all will work out well.  And i know that God understands and i haven't had any problems yet.

bishop,i m so happy to send you this message.i m elder mundu.i don't know how to writein english verry well i sorry,becouse,i m congolaise man.i m compagnon with your son,elder kimzey.
now, i wont to write verry velle in french.
kimzey,il est mon 9 éme collègue.mais je ne jamais travaillez avec un bon collègue comme lui. il a vraiment des vertus qui possédé a un bon missionnaire.je l'aime beaucoup il est mon bon ami que je ne jamais trouver en mission.merci pour le bon encadrement.il montre une bonne exemple pour sa famille.je regrette de travailler avec lui vers la fin de ma mission.je suis très content du faite que vous l'encourager toujours d’être un bonmissionnaire.il ma montré les choses que vous avez envoyer,j'ai écouté votre voix et la maman aussi.et de sont frère.j'ai juste rie car il n'as rien dit.je suis fière de lui.

see yea letter bishop.
elder Mundu
Google translation-with some help...
Kimzey, he is my 9 th companion. He really has virtues that possessed a good missionary. I really like him, he is my good friend that I would never find a mission. thank you for your example. it shows a good example for his family. I wish to work with him until the end of my mission. I am very happy that you  encouraged to be a good missionary. He showed me things that you send, I listened to your voice and mom too. and brother . I just laugh because he did not say anything (casey not big on words? noo....). I'm proud of him.
see yea letter bishop. (in english obviously!)
elder Mundu


No comments:

Post a Comment